Property Claims Representative
Sterling Insurance Company, an “A rated regional property/casualty insurance company located in Cobleskill, NY, has an immediate opening for a full-time Property Claims Representative.
Duties involve handling claims within the Company and NYS Department of Financial Services standards. Candidates will be responsible for developing a working knowledge of claims techniques, practices and procedures, including:
- Claims systems.
- Coverage awareness.
- Settlement of claims within prescribed limits in the most effective and timely manner.
- Timely handling and documentation of mail, diary and claim changes.
- Determining scenarios which require priority escalation.
- Interacting empathetically and clearly with claimants, agents and others in the claims process.
- Effectively managing loss costs and claim expenses.
- Possess excellent verbal and written customer service skills, and proper telephone and electronic correspondence etiquette.
- Understand the need to be a “team” player.
- Be able to continually develop and maintain positive relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Have the ability to work independently and develop decision making skills.
- Possess a strong ability to identify, analyze, prioritize and solve problems as well as rapidly learn and adapt quickly to situations.
- Work overtime when conditions exist.
- Have flexibility and a willingness to learn and develop expertise in different business lines.
The ideal candidate will have a 4-year degree and a minimum of 3 years property claims experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired. Candidates must have or be actively working towards an Associate in Claims (AIC) designation.
Sterling Insurance Company offers a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, and a benefit package including health, dental, 401k and paid time off.
Interested candidates should submit a resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.